What They’re Saying:
Bloomington Math Students and Parents
Greg met with me for the first time when I realized I was not going to do well on an exam the next day. Not only did he make sure I understood every concept that was going to be in the exam, he stayed until 11:30pm until he believed that I was prepared. The rest of the semester Greg continued helping me, and I did extremely well in a class that I thought was going to be miserable. I couldn’t have done it with out him. Thank you!!!
The exceptional help I received from Greg turned anxiety and certainty of doom and/or failure on my GRE into a score I was grateful to receive. After not having studied any of the math on the GRE since high school and a poorly organized GRE prepatory course that did not jog my memory, I felt hopeless…I contacted Greg with only a week and a half until my exam date, and he managed to help me bring my score up by over 100 points. He’s an excellent tutor; patient, detailed, and clear. As a math phobic individual, I highly recommend him to anyone who needs serious tutoring.
My son was taking college level Finite Math in high school and was struggling. He started with Higher Math and the improvement was dramatic… Our son liked going to the sessions and his confidence increased substantially… He consistently received A’s and B’s and I know he will enter college with more confidence in his ability to continue with math and even other subjects. I would highly recommend Higher Math Help to anyone.
… My son’s comment after the first session was, “I’ve learned more in one hour from Greg than one week in class” and “I actually understand WHY I’m doing this to get the answer, that makes a huge difference”. Greg is flexible and great to work with,I highly recommend him!
Plain and simple: Greg saved my freshman year.
Thanks for your help! My son was able to bring his algebra grade up significantly in just a few weeks. I wish we had known about you earlier! You were great to work around our schedule and paying for sessions in packages was cost effective as well as convenient.
It had been about 4 years since I had taken Calc II… Additionally, I was taking the class during summer session 1, so I had very little time to relearn forgotten material. Greg was able to provide a concise, but thorough, review of the skills and techniques that I had forgotten while also helping me keep up with the pace of the class… With Greg’s help, I was able to succeed in a class that I was initially unprepared to take…
My son had taken Algebra I summer school and failed the Algebra I ECA’s twice. He had failed the 1st semester of Algebra II and was about to fail the second semester. We contacted Greg and with Greg’s careful instructions he passed Second semester Algebra II and his 3rd attempt at the Algebra I ECA.
…Greg truly is one of the best tutors I have ever come across. He always explains the material in a very clear manner that makes it easy to learn and not memorize! On top of the grade boost that you are certain to see, he is a very nice guy that is flexible with his students. If you struggle with math (like me), then I highly recommend Higher Math Help!
…As I started Calc 2, I felt that I was in over my head and contacted Higher Math Help. Greg helped me gain the confidence to not only pass the class but to excel and reach my desired grade in the course. As I continue my minor I would without a doubt continue to use Higher Math Help.
Math has always been my most dreaded subject, so when I had to take M120 my first semester here I was not doing very well on my own. Thankfully I found Greg who was able to help me get a B+ in my class, a grade I haven’t had in a math class in years!
… I only had a D in finite by the time midterms rolled around. I saw an advertisement for a math tutor by the name of Greg Stanton. I wisely contacted him and ended up doing extremely well in my finite course while actually learning the material I was studying… I am very pleased with the tutoring help I received from Greg and would highly recommend him…
Meet Your Math Tutor
How the Tutoring Works
Past Courses Tutored in Bloomington, Indiana
Tutoring of Math for Elementary Teachers
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH–T101, Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I
- Indiana University Bloomington, EDUC–N102, Teach and Learn Elementary Math I
- Indiana University Bloomington, EDUC-N103, Teach and Learn Elementary Math II
- Algebra I ECA (End of Course Assessment) for the State of Indiana
- High School Algebra I
- High School Algebra II
- High School Honors Algebra II
- Ivy Tech, Math 136, College Algebra
- Linear algebra is listed below.
- High School Geometry
Precalculus with Trigonometry Tutoring
- Indiana University Bloomington, Math-M025, Precalculus Mathematics
- High school Precalculus/Trigonometry
Finite Math Tutoring
- Indiana University Bloomington, Math-D116, Introduction to Finite Mathematics I
- Indiana University Bloomington, Math-D117, Introduction to Finite Mathematics II
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH-M118, Finite Mathematics
- Ivy Tech, Math 135, Finite Mathematics
- High School A.P. Calculus
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH-M119, Brief Survey of Calculus I
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH-M120, Brief Survey of Calculus II
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH-M211, Calculus I
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH-M212, Calculus II
- Indiana University Bloomington, Math-M311, Calculus III
- Indiana University Bloomington, Math-M312, Calculus IV
Linear Algebra Tutoring
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH-M301, Linear Algebra and Applications
Differential Equations Tutoring
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH–M343 Introduction to Differential Equations with Applications I
- Indiana University Bloomington, STAT-K310, Statistical Techniques
- Indiana University Bloomington, PSY-K300, Statistical Techniques
Real Analysis Tutoring
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH–S413 Honors Course in Analysis I
Complex Analysis Tutoring
- Indiana University Bloomington, MATH–M 415 Elementary Complex Variables with Applications
Standardized Tests in Bloomington, Indiana
Upper Level SSAT, Math Section
SAT Math (Outside of Bloomington, I have tutored SAT Critical Reading and SAT Writing.)
ACT WorkKeys Tutoring